Thursday, May 20, 2010

Where is the Knowledge we have lost in Information? -T.S. Eliot

 I could go on forever about how important I believe libraries to be and how in this modern age we do not give them nearly enough credit or funding. I could further that discussion with a tangent on how in order to meet these harsh realities libraries are starting to be run as businesses as opposed to cultural institutions, becoming more concerned with buzz words and the latest fad than with the preservation and advancement of not only information, but the objects that store this information. I could then remonstrate on how much we are losing by forcing libraries into these boxes, only to then ruin them altogether by withdrawing their funding.

Instead of doing all that though, I will point to this more lighthearted and awesome video and say, "Please help keep our libraries open!"

1 comment:

  1. trying my best to keep the one next to me open - even went to a fund raiser. gotta have my real live books! and loved the video!!

    ReplyDelete