Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Little bit of Stitchin' and a whole lot of Pitchin'

 S ince I am new to the wonderful world of knitting I haven't really been to any knitting related events and was therefore super excited when a friend of mine asked if I wanted to go to Stitch n' Pitch with her this year. It seemed like such a perfect plan - go to the game where our spouses could watch the game and we could knit while glancing up every few minutes. I looked forward to the event for quite some time, was overly excited when we all got free Mets key-chains with our tickets, and was even happier that I had a simple project that didn't take a lot of concentration to work on.

The day was pretty pleasant, although it was pretty hot for New York, but I have to say that I got almost no knitting done! Once we arrived at the game we got a free skein of yarn and a crochet hook, but they were out of the project bags. I was gracious enough to have a nice practice yarn, but I have to admit my eye wandered to those little bags all day.



















The game started almost immediately after we got there and I pulled out my project to work on.




































There wasn't too much room though and as I started to work I completely lost what was happening in the game and didn't get too far with my knitting either. My friend and I then decided to go get some food and spent most of the rest of the game in line at Shake Shack (I would like to make the point that I am a vegan though because I think animal rights are very important, my guy however is not and I respect that as well).

We got back just in time for the last inning and the Mets won the game, so yay for them!


















My friend and I agreed that while we pretty much enjoyed ourselves, it might be better to get tickets to a minor league game so that we could
1) be closer to the action
2) pay less money for better seats
and
3) (at least for me) not have to worry about my fear of heights combined with very little room in front of your seat...I just kept imagining myself loosing my footing and falling over people until I smashed into that little gate.Ugh!

I really do enjoy the feeling of comradery that one gets at these type of events, but as I have already said, it might be best to just get a few of your friends together and go to a cheap game where there is less of a crowd and more room to really work on your projects or just sit back and relax.

*cap supplied by Jessica Hische at DailyDropCap  

No comments:

Post a Comment