Friday, August 20, 2010

Filling the Void

S ince I can't really post any of my projects due to the fact that my laptop is currently dead and most of my pics are on it, I figured I would try and fill the void with some random information...I mean after all, this is the Random ReposiStory. Wah, wah, wah.


So, onward and upward then! While I am not very familiar with the wonderful world of sewing, I really want to be. I can't wait until sewing becomes a bit more of a priority for me, but currently I am happy to be super focused on knitting and the smaller little projects I do. With that said though, that doesn't mean I don't go searching for fabrics that I could make some adorable blanket or purse or sandwich bag with. In order to make items such as covered buttons and boxes and all that jazz I do need fabric, but not nearly as much as I would like to purchase.

Knowing all of this, and understanding that perhaps I shouldn't waste money on a talent I don't yet possess, I have decided that when I run across something that I could see using in the future I will purchase it (if I have the mula for it). Thus, while trolling the fabric sites of my dreams I ran across Alexander Henry, and I must say that I am in love. While some of the more flowery fabrics don't really float my boat, it can't be denied that the adorable animal, robot, and cowboy ones far override those issues!

Well, that is basically all for this post. I just wanted to give another little tid-bit to anyone who reads this. I hope you enjoy Alexander Henry as much as I do and perhaps can use his fabrics sooner.

*cap supplied by Jessica Hische at DailyDropCap    

2 comments:

  1. not that i'll ever be a seamstress of any kind, a friend of mine also likes this site: http://www.virginiaquilter.com/

    i'll have to be share alexander henry with her.

    6:54 a.m. - really?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. the time-stamp on my blog is wrong...i don't fix it because i like people not knowing exactly what i am doing when. :)

    that site has some cute story book fabrics. nice!

    ReplyDelete